Why should you plaster these walls?
Have you ever wanted to make the most of your lower living areas? It can be a great place to entertain, relax, or even store items. But before you consider all the possibilities, one important factor is that internal walls need to be plastered.
Plastering is essential to protecting your home from moisture and mould damage.
The thought of plastering your walls may seem daunting – after all, it’s a big job. But you don’t have to worry! Let reputable plastering professionals do their job.
In this article, we will explore why plastering walls is necessary and how the benefits that come with professional plastering can help improve your home’s safety and aesthetic appeal.
So let’s get started and learn more about why plastering basement walls is necessary!
Benefits of Plastering Internal Walls
There are several benefits to plastering lower-level walls:
1. Protection from Moisture: Plastering the walls at the ground level can help to protect them from moisture. This can prevent issues such as mould, mildew, and water damage.
2. Improved Insulation: Plastering can also help improve the space’s insulation. This can help keep the space warmer and cooler in the winter and summer, reducing energy costs.
3. Aesthetic Appeal: Plastering the walls can give the area a finished, polished look. This can make the space more inviting and comfortable to be in.
4. Increased Home Value: Plastering all internal walls can also increase the value of a home. A finished living area is desirable for many homebuyers and can increase the property’s overall value.
5. Soundproofing: Plastering can also help to reduce noise transmission from the downstairs to other parts of the house. This can be particularly beneficial if the ground floor is used as a home theatre or music studio.
Now we are sure that plastering all the walls can provide numerous benefits, including protection from moisture, improved insulation, aesthetic appeal, increased home value, and soundproofing.
Advantages of Hiring Professional Plasterers
There are several advantages to hiring professional plasterers for plastering work at your home
1. Quality Workmanship: Professional plasterers have the knowledge and expertise to ensure the plastering work is done to a high standard. They have the knowledge and expertise needed to apply plaster flawlessly, evenly, and smoothly.
2. Time Savings: Plastering work can be time-consuming, especially for amateurs. Professional plasterers have the tools, equipment, and experience to complete the job efficiently and effectively.
3. Cost Savings: While it may seem counterintuitive, hiring professional plasterers can save money in the long run. They have the skills to choose suitable materials and techniques for the job, which can prevent mistakes and costly repairs.
4. Safety: Plastering work can be dangerous, especially if the walls are high or if the plasterers need to work on ladders or scaffolding. Professional plasterers have the training and equipment to work safely, reducing the risk of accidents and injuries.
5. Guaranteed work: Many professional plastering companies offer guarantees on their workmanship. It provides mental peace for homeowners, knowing that the job will be done right the first time.
Undoubtedly, using professional plasterers to the area can have many advantages, such as quality work, time and money, etc.
Potential Issues with DIY Plastering
While DIY plastering can be a tempting way to save money, several potential issues can arise:
1. Lack of Experience: Plastering is a skill that takes time and practice to master. DIYers who attempt plastering without proper training or experience may have uneven or rough-looking walls.
2. Incorrect Mix: Plaster requires a specific water ratio to plaster mix to achieve the right consistency. A DIYer unfamiliar with this ratio may end up with a mix that is too thin or too thick, which can result in poor adhesion or cracking.
3. Uneven Application: Applying plaster evenly and smoothly is a skill that takes practice. A DIYer unfamiliar with this process may have walls with visible seams, bumps, or other imperfections.
4. Moisture Issues: Plastering walls in a basement requires special consideration of moisture levels. If the walls are not properly prepared or moisture is not addressed, the plaster may not adhere properly or crack over time.
5. Safety Risks: Plastering can be messy and require the use of heavy tools and equipment. DIYers unfamiliar with proper safety procedures may be at risk of injury.
Therefore, we agree that DIY plastering can be challenging, and mistakes can be costly to fix. Therefore, it is better to consider the potential risks before attempting plastering work on your own. If in doubt, it may be best to hire a professional plasterer to ensure a quality job is done.
Cost Considerations for Plastering Work
When considering plastering walls, there are several cost considerations to keep in mind:
1. Type of Plaster: Different types of plasterboards have different costs. Such as using a moisture-resistant board or a board that has better sound proofing
2. Size of area: The space size will impact the overall plastering cost. Larger spaces will require more plaster, which will increase the price.
3. Condition of Walls: If the basement walls are in poor condition, they may require additional preparation work, such as cleaning, repairing cracks, or removing old plaster. This can add to the overall cost of the project.
4. Labour Costs: The cost of labour can vary depending on the experience and skill level of the plasterer. It is important to obtain multiple quotes from professional plasterers and to select a reputable company with a track record of producing high-quality results
5. Additional Materials: Depending on the specific conditions in the basement, additional materials may be required, such as waterproofing or insulation. These materials can add to the overall cost of the project.
Hiring a professional to plaster your lower level walls can be an affordable way to enhance the room’s appearance and functionality. However, it is important to consider all the cost factors and choose a plastering solution that meets your budget and your specific needs.
How could you decorate the new ground floor once it is plastered professionally?
Once the walls have been professionally plastered, several ways exist to decorate and finish the space. Here are some ideas:
1. Paint: A fresh coat of paint can completely transform a room. Select a colour for the basement that blends in with the rest of your house and makes the space feel welcoming. If you need to hire a painter – We use this team of Brisbane painters
2. Wallpaper: Wallpaper is another option for adding colour and texture to the walls. Consider using a bold print or pattern to create a statement wall in the basement.
3. Wainscoting: Wainscoting is a type of panelling installed on the walls’ lower portion. It can add character and texture to the basement walls and be painted or stained to match the rest of the space.
4. VJ Paneling: VJ panelling can add feature areas to the walls. Choose a colour that complements the rest of your home’s decor and finishes.
5. Artwork: Hanging wall artwork can add visual interest and personality. Consider hanging a sizable statement piece or making a gallery wall out of pictures of your family.
6. Shelving: Installing shelving on the basement walls can provide both storage and decorative opportunities. Use the shelves to display decorative items or to store books, games, and other things.
7. Lighting: Adding lighting to the area can create a warm and inviting atmosphere. Consider installing wall sconces, pendant lights, or recessed lighting to highlight specific areas of the space.
There are many ways to decorate the new living space once it has been professionally plastered. Choose finishes and decor that complement the rest of your home’s style and create a warm and inviting atmosphere in the basement.
Plasterers Near Me
Professional plasterers play a crucial role in ensuring high-quality, long-lasting plastering work that enhances the appearance and functionality of a space.
Brisbane Plaster Pro specializes in decorative plasterings, such as creating custom mouldings, cornices, and other architectural details. We have a team of over 40 skilled tradespeople who specialize in applying plaster to walls, ceilings, and other surfaces. They may work on new construction projects or on renovation and restoration projects.
Call us at (07) 30640686 to schedule a service or get a free estimate.
The post Plastering The Lower Level In A Queenslander appeared first on Write Buff.
The post Plastering The Lower Level In A Queenslander appeared first on https://gqcentral.co.uk
Comments are closed